FINDINGbalance is a Christian 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to providing practical resources to help people live healthier, more balanced lives, FREE from eating and body image issues.
Why we exist…
Three out of four women have some sort of eating issue. Lots of guys do too. 81% of ten year olds are terrified of getting fat, which unfortunately seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Obesity is now at epidemic levels around the world, eating disorders are on the rise, and most of us just plain don’t like our bodies.
Let’s face it, the more we try to control food the more it seems to control us. It’s time for truth to be proclaimed louder than the lies of the beauty and diet industry.
- People of all sizes, races, and religions, wrestling with any form of eating issue, deserve to have resources to help them overcome their unique struggles with eating and weight.
- Food and weight obsessions are addictive, and left unchecked can affect all aspects of our lives.
- Carelessness with how we eat and take care of our bodies is also an unhealthy extreme.
- Legalistic approaches to eating and weight control are problematic and should be avoided
- It is also important and appropriate to learn how to take good care of the bodies God gave us.
- By being honest about our struggles with food, we eliminate the isolation of secrecy and shame.
- Finding freedom requires examining all areas of who we are: emotionally, intellectually, physically, relationally and spiritually.
- It IS possible to break free and to experience a much richer life than disordered eating allows!
- None of us has to do it alone – God’s help is available to guide us on our journey to freedom.
“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm, therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Gal. 5:1 (ESV)